Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Judgements of Others

I know that all of us have our own issues. From the time we were born, we were destined to royally mess up at times. There are some people who came from awful homes and lived terrible lives and they end up being some of the nicest people you will ever meet. There are people who grew up in wonderful homes with wonderful parents and lived richly and they end up being some of the meanest people you will ever meet. This brings me to my point. Why is it that people so freely judge people they do not know? I was reading an article about Eminem giving his heart to God. People have been debating about this because of the life that he used to lead and the music he writes and sings. Let me start by saying that no one in this world is perfect. Will the real Non Sinner please stand up, please stand up, please stand up? I've got some scripture that I would like to add to this to make my point: John 8:7 says, They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!" If you have never done anything at all wrong in your life, then by all means, tell Eminem everything he has done wrong. Condemn him. Romans 2:1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. So can you honestly say that you can judge Eminem when he loves God and is trying to turn his life around? John 6:29 says, Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.” This means that each person has a different relationship with God and Jesus. This also means that the only thing he has to do is believe in Jesus. Regardless of the fact that he uses profanity in his songs and has done drugs and lived a stained life, he is still doing exactly what is required of him. 


I guess what I want to get across here is that while I don't care for the profanity in Eminem's songs and the fact that he bashes people on a regular basis, I am still standing up for him because God loves us all the same, regardless of whether we have lived a good Christian life or a "rough around the edges" life. If in this man's heart he loves God and is wanting to live a better life then he did before, the I say God bless him! I am actually proud of him and you should be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment