Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Letter To My Future Husband

To My Dearest Future Husband:

I can honestly say that I don't know where to begin. I will start off by saying that I am blessed to have the Lord in my life, and I am so grateful that I am a part of his. Goodness knows I don't deserve his love, but I am honored to have it.
I wait anxiously for the day when I will finally meet you. I spend a lot of time thinking about you- how we will meet, how we will grow to love each other, and how wonderful our lives will be when we are married. I know that marriage isn't easy, but as long as we have love from God, and love for each other, we will make it through anything. I pray for you often, as well as for myself. I pray that God will help make you into the man that he wants you to be, as well as a good husband. I pray also for myself, that I will be a wonderful wife for you, and a wonderful mother for our kids. I pray that he prepares me to be this wonderful woman- a wife of noble character, like in Proverbs 31. I have prided myself on being that woman in any relationship, and I especially want to be that woman for you.

I confess that in the past, I spent so much time hurt by my previous relationships, that I looked for love in the wrong people. I was lonely, felt unloved and unwanted, and felt like beauty was something I did not have. Even now, I sometimes deal with these thoughts, as I am only human. With God working in me though, I have come to find that I am not defined by my past relationships, or how the world sees me. I am defined by how God sees me, and to God, I am his magnum opus. I am wonderfully and fearfully made.

I have only two gifts to offer you. The first gift is my love. I believe that God has designed me in a way, that my love for you will be so strong, that it will be hard to find a love like ours. I have been told before by my dad, that this is one of my best qualities. I hope to bring this in to our relationship. The second gift that I can give you is my purity. So often, I see people give themselves away before marriage in hopes that the one they love will finally love them, or because they think it's just another part of a relationship. I take my purity very seriously, and I want to stand before God and you on our wedding day knowing that I saved myself for you and only you. I hope and pray that you have saved yourself for me, though I will love you just as much even if you haven't. I will not look at you any differently or judge you in any way because you are still a precious gift of God!

I love you all ready my dearest husband. I look forward to our life together. It will be a hard journey. There will be ups and downs in our walk of life, but I guarantee that it will be one of the most rewarding journeys. I miss you even though I have never met you, and I will continue to pray for you.

All my love,
Your future wife, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment