Friday, June 1, 2012

Devotional: King of Hearts

If you have ever played Texas Hold'Em, you know what happens: You put in your ante. Then opening bets are made. The first three cards go down, then more bets are made. Another card, more bets. Final card, final bets. Once the final bets are made, the cards are flipped to see who won. There are times when you get a good hand, but 75 percent of the time, it's all about bluffing. You could bet 500 dollars and only have an ace in your hand. You could bet 50 dollars and have a straight. The point is that your bet doesn't always reflect what cards you have. It works the same way with us. Sometimes our words or actions don't reflect our thoughts or what's in our hearts. John 2:25 says, He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man. When I am honest with God about whatever I am thinking or feeling at any point in time, it's easier to see him as a "friend" rather than God and King. In the midst of our feelings or emotions, we forget that God knows our hearts and what we are thinking, and often times we don't just talk to him about it for several reasons. One, we think he might not approve. Two, we lack faith or hope. Three, sometimes we just don't think he's listening. There could be other reasons as well. The point is that God loves you and he's not just the ruler of the heavens and the earth. He is your ultimate best friend! Plus, he all ready knows what's going on inside of you, and also, it's nice just to have someone to talk to! Just be honest with Him, otherwise it's like trying to beat Him at Texas Hold'Em, and you will always lose for two reasons: He is both the dealer and a player in the game, and he always has a Royal Flush! Lol :) Psalm 139:7-10... Where can I got from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. James 4:8... Come near to God and he will come near to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment