Friday, October 10, 2014

Word of the Day- To Fear or Not To Fear?

Psalm 16:8- I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

We are not of this world. We were never meant for this world. Death was never part of the picture. Sin was a completely foreign concept. Fear was never even a part of our vocabulary. However, when we were no longer ignorant of the ways of good and evil, we nailed the lids on our coffin, we fought against flesh and blood, and fear was no longer just a word. Most people forget that Jesus is always at our right hand. Here is a perfect example: most people, when they were really little, were afraid of the dark, mostly because they were afraid that something they couldn't see would get them...aka The Boogeyman. So when you were afraid, mom or dad would come to comfort you, and suddenly the dark wasn't scary anymore. You had someone there to protect you from the dark and all the monsters hiding in your closet or under your bed. Let me tell you something: nothing about that has changed. You may be older in this world, but you are still a child of God. So if you know in your heart that Jesus is with you at your right hand, then why do you still walk in fear? Jesus does not walk with you so that you would still be afraid. Fear holds you back from being who God intended you to be. When Jesus died on the cross, he bought back our life for us. He bought back our freedom from sin. He bought back our fearlessness. If you went to the store and bought something life-changing and the store owner tried to take back what you paid good money for, wouldn't you be upset?

John 16:33- "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

1 John 4:18- There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear...

Jesus' love for you is perfect. You know that Jesus loves you... we go through trials and sorrows so that we may grow and thrive. So every time you face a trial, know that Jesus is with you, just like your parents were when you were afraid of the dark. Their love and protection drove away your fears, so let Jesus' love and protection cover you and drive away your fear. Don't take the fear back. Just take Jesus' hand and find your courage and your strength!

Psalm 27:1- The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom then shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?











No comments:

Post a Comment