Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Word of the Day- Knowing Your Authority

Matthew 16:15-19- He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” 

Never doubt your authority! This is something that I have been learning about. I was talking to a friend of mine about this very same thing. I felt like I had no authority over certain things happening in my life. I had began to feel like my authority wasn't existent or that I had done something wrong. But the truth is that it was never gone. When Jesus died on the cross, the authority that we lost when we fell into sin was given back to us. So if you are like me, feeling like you don't have the authority, remember it has always been there for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment