Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Word of the Day- No Comparison

Sometimes you feel like you are behind... like those around you know something that you don't... People sometimes feel that way when it comes to their relationship with God. They look at their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and suddenly, they are comparing their relationship with God with those around them. Now, I have done this myself, so I am guilty as charged. But here is a great way to look at it: consider yourself married to God. In a marriage, what may work for one couple, may not work for another. Each marriage is different, and has it's own way of functioning. And in your walk/relationship with God, treat it like you would a marriage. So in this sense, considering that we are the bridegroom, we should "submit to our husband" (Eph 5:22).
Philippians 2:12-13- “Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed – not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence – continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his purpose.”


No comments:

Post a Comment